Thursday 5 April 2012

The Howling III: The Marsupials (1987)

There's so-bad-it's-good, there's so-bad-it's-just-bad and then there are films like The Howling III: The Marsupials, a film that just doesn't fit into either category. It's an absolutely terrible film and I kind of enjoyed watching it, but I would never call it good in any way, shape or form. Let's call it so bad that it's just really bad but kinda fun but mainly bad . Catchy description, eh?

The film starts with a young girl running away from home because, as she puts it "my step father tried to rape me and he's a werewolf". I mean, what else can I say? Do you need anything more than that?

OK, let's try to sell this to you...

Set in Australia...this means werewolves with Australian accents!

Not only do you get werewolf nuns!

And a werewolf ballerina!

You get weird werewolf nudity, werewolf children, transformations all over the place...

The "story" goes something along the way of...back in the 19th Century, some thylacines mated with humans, resulting in some weird wolf/tiger/human hybrids. When the thylacines were killed off and made extinct in the early 20th Century, these 'werewolves' went underground, hiding in the Australian bush or in Siberia. Now, in the present, suddenly they're making themselves known. The army is called in, as are various scientists. Our young runaway, becomes a horror movie star, falls in love and has werewolf babies. No, seriously...I can't do this. Just thinking about this mess makes my head hurt. Just watch it...I guess.

Trailer...

No comments:

Post a Comment